SIMBAD references

1998A&A...333..497F - Astronomy and Astrophysics, volume 333, 497-504 (1998/5-2)

Brown dwarfs in the Pleiades. II. A deep optical and near infrared survey.

FESTIN L.

Abstract (from CDS):

The brown dwarf population in the Pleiades cluster has been probed in a deep 850arcmin2 RIJK survey. The survey is complete to I=21.4 in 76% of the area and to I=20.2 in the remaining 24%. Photometry of 30 previously known members is presented together with 8 new candidates, four of which are below the brown dwarf limit. The faintest one is the lowest mass brown dwarf candidate found hitherto in the Pleiades (I=20.55, 0.04M). The derived Pleiades luminosity function is compared to the most recent theoretical mass-luminosity relations and is consistent with a power-law index in the mass function between 0 and 1 to the limit of this survey.

Abstract Copyright:

Journal keyword(s): stars: late-type - stars: low-mass, brown dwarfs - stars: luminosity function, mass function - open clusters and associations: individual: Pleiades

Nomenclature: Cl* Melotte 22 NPL NN (Nos 1-45)

Simbad objects: 50

goto View the reference in ADS

To bookmark this query, right click on this link: simbad:1998A&A...333..497F and select 'bookmark this link' or equivalent in the popup menu


2019.10.14-23:42:27

© Université de Strasbourg/CNRS

    • Contact