Astronomy and Astrophysics, volume 349, 389-405 (1999/9-2)
The ROSAT All-Sky Survey Bright Source Catalogue.
VOGES W., ASCHENBACH B., BOLLER T., BRAEUNINGER H., BRIEL U., BURKERT W., DENNERL K., ENGLHAUSER J., GRUBER R., HABERL F., HARTNER G., HASINGER G., KUERSTER M., PFEFFERMANN E., PIETSCH W., PREDEHL P., ROSSO C., SCHMITT J.H.M.M., TRUEMPER J. and ZIMMERMANN H.U.
Abstract (from CDS):
We present the ROSAT All-Sky Survey Bright Source Catalogue (RASS-BSC, revision 1RXS) derived from the all-sky survey performed during the first half year (1990/91) of the ROSAT mission. 18,811 sources are catalogued (i) down to a limiting ROSAT PSPC count-rate of 0.05cts/s in the 0.1-2.4keV energy band, (ii) with a detection likelihood of at least 15 and (iii) at least 15 source counts. The 18,811 sources underwent both an automatic validation and an interactive visual verification process in which for 94% of the sources the results of the standard processing were confirmed. The remaining 6% have been analyzed using interactive methods and these sources have been flagged. Flags are given for (i) nearby sources; (ii) sources with positional errors; (iii) extended sources; (iv) sources showing complex emission structures; and (v) sources which are missed by the standard analysis software. Broad band (0.1-2.4keV) images are available for sources flagged by (ii), (iii) and (iv). For each source the ROSAT name, position in equatorial coordinates, positional error, source count-rate and error, background count-rate, exposure time, two hardness-ratios and errors, extent and likelihood of extent, likelihood of detection, and the source extraction radius are provided. At a brightness limit of 0.1cts/s (8,547 sources) the catalogue represents a sky coverage of 92%. The RASS-BSC, the table of possible identification candidates, and the broad band images are available in electronic form (Voges et al., 1996IAUC.6420....2V
) via http://wave.xray.mpe.mpg.de/rosat/catalogues/rass-bsc
catalogs - surveys - X-rays: general
VizieR on-line data:
<CDS Catalogue: IX/10A>
1RXS JHHMMSS.s+DDMMSS N=18811.
reprint in the special issue (500/1) : 2009A&A...500..563V
View the references in ADS
To bookmark this query, right click on this link: simbad:1999A&A...349..389V and select 'bookmark this link' or equivalent in the popup menu