SIMBAD references

2016ApJ...816...78C - Astrophys. J., 816, 78 (2016/January-2)

Discovery of an L4 beta candidate member of argus in the planetary mass regime: Wise J231921.92+764544.4.

CASTRO P.J. and GIZIS J.E.

Abstract (from CDS):

We present the discovery of a young L dwarf, WISE J231921.92+764544.4, identified by comparing the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) All-Sky Catalog to the Two Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS). A medium-resolution optical spectrum provides a spectral type of L4β, with a photometric distance estimate of 26.1 ± 4.4 pc. The red WISE W1 - W2 color provides additional evidence of youth, while the 2MASS J - Ks color does not. WISE J231921.92+764544.4 is a candidate member of the young moving group Argus, with the space motion and position of WISE J231921.92+764544.4 giving a probability of 79% for membership in Argus and a probability of 21% as a field object, based on BANYAN II. WISE J231921.92+764544.4 has a mass of 12.1 ± 0.4 MJup based on membership in Argus, within the planetary mass regime.

Abstract Copyright:

Journal keyword(s): brown dwarfs - infrared: stars - proper motions - stars: distances - stars: individual: WISE J231921.92+764544.4 - stars: late-type

Simbad objects: 20

goto Full paper

goto View the reference in ADS

To bookmark this query, right click on this link: simbad:2016ApJ...816...78C and select 'bookmark this link' or equivalent in the popup menu


2019.12.13-08:37:56

© Université de Strasbourg/CNRS

    • Contact