2016MNRAS.461.4022M


Query : 2016MNRAS.461.4022M

2016MNRAS.461.4022M - Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc., 461, 4022-4048 (2016/October-1)

The JCMT Gould Belt Survey: a first look at Southern Orion A with SCUBA-2.

MAIRS S., JOHNSTONE D., KIRK H., BUCKLE J., BERRY D.S., BROEKHOVEN-FIENE H., CURRIE M.J., FICH M., GRAVES S., HATCHELL J., JENNESS T., MOTTRAM J.C., NUTTER D., PATTLE K., PINEDA J.E., SALJI C., DI FRANCESCO J., HOGERHEIJDE M.R., WARD-THOMPSON D., BASTIEN P., BRESNAHAN D., BUTNER H., CHEN M., CHRYSOSTOMOU A., COUDE S., DAVIS C.J., DRABEK-MAUNDER E., DUARTE-CABRAL A., FIEGE J., FRIBERG P., FRIESEN R., FULLER G.A., GREAVES J., GREGSON J., HOLLAND W., JONCAS G., KIRK J.M., KNEE L.B.G., MARSH K., MATTHEWS B.C., MORIARTY-SCHIEVEN G., MOWAT C., RAWLINGS J., RICHER J., ROBERTSON D., ROSOLOWSKY E., RUMBLE D., SADAVOY S., THOMAS H., TOTHILL N., VITI S., WHITE G.J., WOUTERLOOT J., YATES J. and ZHU M.

Abstract (from CDS):

We present the JCMT Gould Belt Survey's first look results of the southern extent of the Orion A Molecular Cloud (δ <= -5:31:27.5). Employing a two-step structure identification process, we construct individual catalogues for large-scale regions of significant emission labelled as islands and smaller-scale subregions called fragments using the 850 µm continuum maps obtained using SCUBA-2. We calculate object masses, sizes, column densities, and concentrations. We discuss fragmentation in terms of a Jeans instability analysis and highlight interesting structures as candidates for follow-up studies. Furthermore, we associate the detected emission with young stellar objects (YSOs) identified by Spitzer and Herschel. We find that although the population of active star-forming regions contains a wide variety of sizes and morphologies, there is a strong positive correlation between the concentration of an emission region and its calculated Jeans instability. There are, however, a number of highly unstable subregions in dense areas of the map that show no evidence of star formation. We find that only ∼72 per cent of the YSOs defined as Class 0+I and flat-spectrum protostars coincide with dense 850 µm emission structures (column densities >3.7 x 1021/cm2). The remaining 28 per cent of these objects, which are expected to be embedded in dust and gas, may be misclassified. Finally, we suggest that there is an evolution in the velocity dispersion of YSOs such that sources which are more evolved are associated with higher velocities.

Abstract Copyright: © 2016 The Authors Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Royal Astronomical Society

Journal keyword(s): stars: formation - stars: protostars - ISM: structure - submillimetre: general - submillimetre: ISM - submillimetre: ISM

VizieR on-line data: <Available at CDS (J/MNRAS/461/4022): table2.dat table3.dat table4.dat>

Status at CDS : All or part of tables of objects could be ingested in SIMBAD with priority 2.

Simbad objects: 27

goto Full paper

goto View the references in ADS

Number of rows : 27
N Identifier Otype ICRS (J2000)
RA
ICRS (J2000)
DEC
Mag U Mag B Mag V Mag R Mag I Sp type #ref
1850 - 2021
#notes
1 NGC 1333 OpC 03 29 11 +31 18.6           ~ 1271 1
2 NAME Perseus Cloud SFR 03 35.0 +31 13           ~ 1148 0
3 NAME California Molecular Cloud MoC 04 10.0 +39 00           ~ 111 1
4 NAME Taurus Complex SFR 04 41.0 +25 52           ~ 3747 0
5 LDN 1640 DNe 05 33 45 -05 41.0           ~ 29 0
6 NAME f-Shaped Filament in Orion Cld 05 35.0 -05 30           ~ 81 0
7 NAME Orion Nebula Cluster OpC 05 35.0 -05 29           ~ 2067 1
8 NAME Orion-KL SFR 05 35 14.16 -05 22 21.5           ~ 2092 1
9 M 42 HII 05 35 17.3 -05 23 28           ~ 3818 0
10 NAME Orion Bright Bar reg 05 35 22.30 -05 24 33.0           ~ 766 0
11 OMC 5 MoC 05 35.4 -05 55           ~ 21 0
12 HH 34 HH 05 35 31.30 -06 28 43.0     16     ~ 473 2
13 NAME Orion Streamers PoC 05 35 41 -06 23.0           ~ 17 0
14 OMC 4 MoC 05 36 06 -05 35.7           ~ 56 0
15 NAME LDN 1641 North HII 05 36 17.6 -06 22 10           ~ 223 0
16 NAME HH 1-2 HH 05 36 22.8 -06 46 03           ~ 203 1
17 NGC 1999 RNe 05 36 25 -06 42.7   9.5       ~ 99 0
18 BD-06 1253 Ae* 05 36 25.4313245626 -06 42 57.684449700   11.65 10.9 10.29   A1e 412 1
19 NAME Ori A MoC 05 38 -07.1           ~ 2774 0
20 LDN 1641 MoC 05 39.0 -07 00           ~ 441 0
21 HH 469 HH 05 39 19.0 -07 26 27           ~ 3 0
22 NAME LDN 1641 South DNe 05 40 27.6 -07 27 28           ~ 51 1
23 NAME Ori B MoC 05 41 43.0 -01 54 44           ~ 1225 0
24 NAME ORI MOL CLOUD MoC 05 56 -01.8           ~ 916 1
25 NAME Ophiuchus Molecular Cloud SFR 16 28 06 -24 32.5           ~ 3199 1
26 NAME Serpens Cloud SFR 18 29 49 +01 14.8           ~ 976 2
27 NAME Gould Belt PoG ~ ~           ~ 767 1

To bookmark this query, right click on this link: simbad:objects in 2016MNRAS.461.4022M and select 'bookmark this link' or equivalent in the popup menu


2021.07.31-16:56:10

© Université de Strasbourg/CNRS

    • Contact